Glasgow students have settled back to new term and there’s a renewed buzz in the city. Thanks to all of you who shared your ten coolest spots in Glasgow – all near a Subway of course. Here are your favourites:
- Fashionistas love rummaging through retro at Mr Ben Retro Clothing. This treasure chest of clothes, shoes and accessories from yesteryear attracts trendies of all ages and is a short walk from St Enoch Subway.
- Celebrate 25 years of contemporary art in Scotland with a visit to the Gallery of Modern Art – take a selfie with Wellington’s famous cone, it just a five minute walk from Buchanan Subway.
- A hop skip and a jump from Kelvinhall is SWG3. The venue boasts art happenings, guerrilla fashion events and the occasional blast of music.
- Get off the Subway at Hillhead and enjoy the new coffee-come-exhibition space Peep Show Coffee on Ruthven Lane, a brew with an artistic view, nice!
- The Glasgow Film Theatre or GFT – near Cowcaddens – has been leading the way in specialised independent cinema for forty years and has a shiny new Cinema 3. Just don’t forget your popcorn.
- We’ve just had the best Commonwealth Games ever! Keep the memory alive with free bowls at Kelvingrove Park, a short walk from Kelvinbridge station.
- Rib tickling fun is available every night at The Stand close to Kevinbridge station.
- Who doesn’t love an old magic shop run by an actual magician? Tam Shepherd’s Trick Shop stocks magic tricks, theatrical make up, wigs and costumes for any dress up occasion. St Enoch station is closest.
- Inside the Aladdin’s cave of Love Music, indie lovers can while away the hours foraging through old school CDs, music DVDs, vinyl and magazines. Just outside Buchanan Street Subway.
- Five minutes from St George’s Cross is your favourite Asian eatery in the West End. Asia Style keeps its underground status alive by reliably sticking to its canteen-style chic and reasonable prices.
Don’t forget your Subway Smartcard gets you the best prices and great offers. Register for free online and join the exclusive Upper Circle for discounts on some nifty eateries, clubs and shops, all just a shoogle away.