SPT has picked up the award for Integrated Transport Operator of the Year at the Scottish Transport Awards 2018.
The award was in recognition for the £7million investment at Govan Interchange which has transformed the Subway and bus station areas as well as providing a direct connection to Fastlink running between the new Queen Elizabeth Univerity Hospital (QEUH) and City Centre.
The project provides better connections to the bus station and has also introduced passenger lifts with wheelchair access to platforms in the Subway station.
The addition of the canopies at the entrances to the Subway station has transformed the building, improving the flow of traffic through the station from Subway to bus services and vice versa.
This is a much improved amenity for the residents of Govan and surrounding area.
Other improvements to the station included:
• new modern ticket office
• new flooring, wall and ceiling finishes
• new way finding, information and signage for passengers
• enhancements under the Equalities Act including hearing loops, tactile maps, tactile paving and colour contrast flooring
• brighter, more welcoming energy efficient lighting
• four new escalators installed.