SPT is committed to providing equality in all its activities. This includes the provision of services, the delivery of projects and the treatment of staff. We are committed to making sure that everyone can access the services which we offer, and making sure that these services are tailored to the needs of our service users and staff.
In line with legislation, SPT is required to report progress on how we are meeting the UK Equality Act General Equality Duty and the Scottish Government’s Specific Equality Duties.
This includes reporting on how we are mainstreaming equality in our everyday activities. The evidence base for our equality outcomes along with our other reporting requirements can be found in the Advancing Equality Report 2019 (PDF, 1MB)
The report demonstrates progress made between April 2017 and April 2019 regarding the advancement of equality, elimination of discrimination and promotion of good relations with particular reference to the reporting requirements set out in the Specific Duties, namely:
- mainstreaming the “Equality Duties”;
- meeting SPT’s equality outcomes;
- gathering and using employee information, including how this has enabled SPT to better perform the “Equality Duties”; and
- publishing gender pay gap information.
Further employee information can be found in the Equality and Diversity monitoring report 2019 (PDF, 805kb).
This report provides information on the protected characteristics of our staff and it covers current status with regard to overall staff profile and main job categories, recruitment and selection, new starters and leavers, promotions and learning and development.
Gender pay gap information can be found in the Advancing Equality Pay Gap Update 2019 (PDF,390 kb).
This report provides detailed analysis of SPT’s gender pay gap to supplement SPT’s Advancing Equality Report 2019.
Following review and consultation, SPT has confirmed the following equality outcomes are appropriate to enable us to best meet the general Equality Duty:
- SPT understands and responds to the needs of communities, passengers and staff;
- SPT’s passengers and staff feel safe;
- SPT advances equality through working with partners; and
- SPT is a fair, flexible and supportive employer.